The Drums of the North
Let one of North America's oldest Japanese drumming groups enthral you through the powerful and beautiful sound of these impressive traditional instruments. Watch how taiko combines dynamic music, primal rhythms, and the human spirit to create an unforgettable artistic experience.
If you want to catch a show, take a workshop, or add taiko to your event, contact us!
Taiko is one of the most exhilarating live performances you'll see! The powerful drums resonate in your whole body and your eyes are captured by the dynamic movements of the drummers. Kita no Taiko wows crowds all over the province, and are proud to play at many festivals and sites in Edmonton. You can always catch us at the Japan Pavilion at the Heritage Festival in August, and at the Kurimoto Spring Festival at the Devonian Gardens in June. Come check out where we're playing next!
Have you ever seen taiko in action and wanted to try? Do you enjoy artistic movement or music? Do you want to do something new and fun with your friends or family? Kita no Taiko's workshops are for you! You don't need any experience to take our beginner level, just a desire to learn something new. If you're all ready a big taiko fan and wish to apprentice with Kita no Taiko, you must also complete three levels of workshops. Sign up today!
Taiko is wonderful because it can be enjoyed by people of all ages...including children! Kids taiko is very popular in Japan, and Kita no Taiko is proud to offer a kids class for children 7-14 years old. The kids will not only learn the basics of playing the drums, but will learn Japanese terminology and counting, and will improve their athleticism and grace. So if you know a kid who loves music, Japanese culture, or has a little extra energy to burn, KNT Kids is for you!
Check out what's happening with KNT, there's always something new going on!
- KNT does Natsumatsuri! Drum on →
- KNT does EPL Summer Starts! Drum on →
- Thanks to everyone who made the Red Cross Event great! Drum on →
- Kita no Taiko and Friends Red Cross Fundraiser! June 11 Drum on →
- Workshops in August! Drum on →
- KNT does Kurimoto Japanese Garden Spring Festival 2016! Drum on →
- Edmonton’s Japanese drumming group building biceps, beats for 30 years Drum on →
- Ki 2014 Drum on →
- Upcoming Workshops and Lessons! Drum on →
- The Beat Goes On: A Kita no Taiko 30th Anniversary Celebration! Drum on →